I will still occasionally be posting here on iBuzzable, however, I do have a new blog called
FIX IT UP WOMAN.
Follow me as we remodel our house, raise our kids and record our daily activities including recipes, travel, crafts and DIY projects.
Please join me at: http://fixitupwoman.com/
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
This is a great cold remedy.
7 large basil leaves
1 cup of sliced fresh ginger
10 tea bags of green tea
14 cups water
sugar and milk for serving
1. Boil 14 cups of water in a large pan.
2. Peel ginger with a peeler and slice.
Peeled and Sliced Ginger:
3. Add Ginger, basil, and tea bags to boiling water. Boil 15 minutes.
4. Strain tea into a large pitcher. I put a small strainer right on top of the pitcher. Discard tea bags, ginger, and basil.
5. Serve tea hot or cold. Add Sugar and milk if desired.
Posted by Kristin@fixitupwoman.com at 5:14 PM
I did a quick makeover to our front porch this morning in under 2 and 1/2 hours (shopping for supplies and cleaning porch included!). Everything I bought cost under $150.00.
Having a porch that isn't a dingy mess= Priceless!
I had all of my kids where they needed to be by 9:00 am so I went to Walmart and was shopping by 9:15. I was done shopping at 10:05. I bought everything at Walmart for a total of $147.62.
2 fall mum arrangements- $15.95 each
2 20 inch planters- $21.96 each
1 hanging mum- $9.96
2 large outdoor pillows with design- $9.00 each
1 small outdoor pillow- $10.00
1 body pillow- $10.88
round placemat- $2.00
red table cloth- $4.96
Okay, let's look at the dreaded "Before" photos:
And here are the "After" photos:
All done by 11:20 so I could pick up and spend time with my favorite 4 year old. : )
Posted by Kristin@fixitupwoman.com at 10:26 AM
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
No matter what I do, a certain drawer in our kitchen always ends up looking like a hurricane went through it. I went through, threw a bunch of (really really literal) junk away and put everything remaining into a kitchen utensils holder that I bought at TJ Max's for six dollars.
JUNK DRAWER BEFORE:
JUNK DRAWER AFTER:
= SO MUCH BETTER!
Posted by Kristin@fixitupwoman.com at 4:29 PM
4 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup crushed pecans
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/3 cup of honey
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of chopped dates
1/2 cup of dried cranberries, cherries, or blueberries or a combination
of all three
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Stir oats, almonds, coconut, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pecans, cinnamon, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt butter and honey over low heat in a small saucepan, add vanilla extract and stir.
4. Pour over oat mixture and stir until well blended.
5. Spread on a large baking sheet.
|6. Put in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Oats should be slightly browned and crispy when done.|
7. Remove from oven.
8. Pour back into large bowl and add berries and dates. Stir until combined.
1. Keep granola in a sealed container and it will last for a week unrefrigerated.
2. Put all of the ingredients, that you will not be using on a regular basis, in a large plastic storage bag. Label the bag so when you want to make your recipe again, you don't have to look everywhere for the ingredients.
Posted by Kristin@fixitupwoman.com at 9:28 AM
Monday, September 26, 2011
Step 1: Get a little wooden chest. We got ours at Michael's. Any little wooden chest will do.
Step 2: Paint the chest with a piece of a sponge:
Painted chest with paints (we used rust, gold, yellow, and purple) and a piece of sponge for painting:
3. Put stickers on chest, I also used some super glue on some of them to make sure they stuck (I got these at Michael's in the scrapbooking section):
4. Put "Pirate Booty" in chest ( I got all of these at Michael's- gold bells, gold buttons, foam pirate stickers, and glitter pom-poms):
5. Finished Pirate Treasure Chest and Booty:
You can fill the chest with any "treasures" that you find!
Posted by Kristin@fixitupwoman.com at 1:42 PM