4 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup crushed pecans
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/3 cup of honey
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of chopped dates
1/2 cup of dried cranberries, cherries, or blueberries or a combination
of all three
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Stir oats, almonds, coconut, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pecans, cinnamon, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt butter and honey over low heat in a small saucepan, add vanilla extract and stir.
4. Pour over oat mixture and stir until well blended.
5. Spread on a large baking sheet.
|6. Put in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Oats should be slightly browned and crispy when done.|
7. Remove from oven.
8. Pour back into large bowl and add berries and dates. Stir until combined.
1. Keep granola in a sealed container and it will last for a week unrefrigerated.
2. Put all of the ingredients, that you will not be using on a regular basis, in a large plastic storage bag. Label the bag so when you want to make your recipe again, you don't have to look everywhere for the ingredients.